Welcome to My Sketch World

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Rubon Resist and My Sketch World


Hi everyone.. it's Bev here again.. I am thrilled to be staying on
as the Tutorial Designer at My Sketch World.
I never really know if what I share with you is new or old but
if I have never tried it .. I go with it and hope I can share something
that will interest you and prompt you to try it.

Today is RUBON as a RESIST.
The above photo has 2 rubons on a piece of cardstock. The
fabulous bird and the sentiment.

Now I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.


You then take paper towel and daub off the paint
on top of the rubon. Notice how the bright white is popping off the paper.


I matted this circle and this is an accent and title to my layout page.

I used the April My Sketch World sketch from Lucy to
make my page. I love the finished page .. and especially
love the look of the rubon resist accent as part of the page.
It was perfect touch and was a great part of using the circular part of the sketch.

Here is a close up the finished accents piece with all the trims on it.

Now below I thought I'd share the 2nd Rubon Resist that I tried.
This one I am using on a card.


I used the frame and bird rubon to start with.


On this one I sprayed with 3 colours and very heavy in one spot.

Using the same process I daubed with paper towel to take
off the excess ink that is on the rubon.
The white part is especially popping again.

This is the piece when the daubing was complete.
The frame and bird definitely are defined again.

Here is my finished card using the same process.
I really like the look of this. What and easy and amazing
technique to use with so many of those rubons we all have.
I used cardstock pieces and applied the finished accent to my projects.
It also would work directly on the background of a page or card but you
would have to have an idea exactly where to place it first.
My method just allowed a bit more easy of placement.
Sure hope you liked this today .. be sure to stop by My Sketch World
and share your project with us using this method.

6 comments:

LisaM said...

Love the technique Bev and your card and layout are beautiful!

Peggy said...

beautiful layout and card. definitely going to try this.

Scarlett said...

Ooo, I can't stand rubons - BUT you make me wanna play with the ones I have in my stash - super tutorial and beautiful projects!!

The Gov. said...

Bev, Love the lo and the card!
. . . and the tutorial - what a clever idea!

~jan said...

Wonderful tutorial, Bev! Your layout and card are both beautiful!

Beeceecreativity said...

thanks ladies.. now experiment and share your projects with us in the forum.. can't wait to see what you create?